Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thief

I was pulling out of my subdivision this morning headed to work when I saw it. The sun was rising and was just visible between two houses in a brilliant red-orange glow. Light was shooting up; it appeared at an angle through some light clouds on the horizon. The bottoms of the clouds were a bright reflection of light. It was gorgeous…and I was moved. See, the Father knows that I love those beautiful moments in nature. You know what I’m talking about? Those times when you see something and for that moment, God reaches down and squeezes your heart, kisses you on the cheek with the breathtaking touch of His hand in nature.

Then what happens? I got stuck in a traffic jam. Figures. And that beautiful moment, that sigh of joy began to suddenly fade. That sucks and I found myself asking why that moment was gone. I was reminded of John 10:10 where Jesus reminds us that the enemy comes to steal and kill and destroy.

I really hate that punk Satan. I hate him for trying to steal my joy. I can’t wait for the day when this fight is over and Jesus comes back to kick some satanic ass. Because, when that day comes, these moments of joy, those touches of His hand will never be stolen again. In the meantime, I have to hold on to His promise that He came to give me life and life more abundantly. So take that, thief! You won’t steal my joy! Not today.

1 comment: