Thursday, February 10, 2011

A prayer

Preserve me, O God, for in You I take shelter and refuge.
You are my Lord; I have no good apart from You.
The saints here on Earth and those who have gone before are my heroes!
Those who chase other vain, empty gods will be sorry.
I refuse to follow after them or even mention them to You, Lord.
You are my chosen portion and my cup;
You hold my lot.
I have a beautiful inheritance in You!
I bless You, Lord, who give me counsel;
In the night, You hold my heart and instruct me.
I will set You always before me.
Because You are with me, I will not be shaken.
And so my heart is glad and my soul rejoices;
My body also is secure.
You will not abandon me to this hell on Earth.
You make known to me the path of Life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy!
At Your feet are pleasures forever!

-Taken from Psalm 16

No comments:

Post a Comment