Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Today my life changed and, no matter where I go from here, things will never be the same. I was accepted to seminary today. The official letter is coming in the mail but I got the email today. And now I must admit that I am terrified. Not of God and His purposes but of the unknown. I am forced to admit that I don’t have it all together, I don’t have it all figured out. And that terrifies me. It forces me to face both myself and my Saviour and tell Him to His face that I’m afraid.

I would ask this of all my friends and family. Please pray with me now (I know you have been). There are still decisions to make and some things to do. I have some options, of course, as far as seminary goes. I can do some on-line classes if I want or I can, of course, move to North Carolina. I will not, however, need to move immediately as I’m late for the fall semester so would not start until spring; if seminary is indeed what He has for me.

I have no means to move, no vehicle to move with etc. etc. It’s funny in an ironic way that God knows how much I hate uncertainty. I’ve spent my entire adult life keeping things around me as safe as possible. The irony of this whole thing is that everything about this is uncertain. Weird, right?

There’s so much more I could say but I’ll leave it at this for now. Thanks for coming on this journey with me and praying with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment