Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ephesians 6 prayer

The armour of God.
May you find me ready at all times, as all good soldiers are.
May I rest in your strength alone, for mine is insufficient.
Help me to recognize my enemy.
Give me the humility I need to realize that I cannot do this without you, Lord.
I need your armour, your word surrounding me, encompassing me, in my very heart and soul.
May I always speak the truth and put on your righteousness; my human efforts are worthless.
May I walk with the peace of your gospel so that I am prepared.
May I take shelter under your shield of faith, for my enemy is fierce.
May I wear proudly your salvation.
May I wield wisely and boldly your word, my sword.
Above all, grant me humility to realize that I cannot stand until I kneel before you in prayer and adoration, my King.
My life is yours.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you back in "blogland".
    I hope all is going well at school,
    new home, new bride etc.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete